Introducing Brisk Bee
So I decided to go solo and start my own company. Developing applications for the mobile platform have been on my radar for some years now and I finally decided it was time to try it out. The name of the company is Brisk Bee and so the name of this blog has changed to reflect this. I spent a lot of time trying to think of a catchy name and this was not my best effort but the best effort where the domain was still available (yes, I am looking at you Foul Owl!). Looking up brisk at dictionary.com reveals this information:
brisk /brɪsk/ [brisk] adjective, -er, -est, verb –adjective
- quick and active; lively: brisk trading; a brisk walk.
- sharp and stimulating: brisk weather; brisk wind.
- (of liquors) effervescing vigorously: brisk cider.
- abrupt; curt: I was surprised by her rather brisk tone. –verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
- to make or become brisk; liven (often fol. by up ).So my name means something like quick or active bee. Which I think is a great metaphor for what I want to do, getting some work done. I also bought the domain phonypony.com since it was really catchy but I find it hard to picture myself as a pony, especially a phony one. Heck, I’ll probably find some use for that later.
I will have my last day at work in my current job on September 30th and start as a contractor on October 1st. In my (very sparse) spare time I will pursue my mobile aspirations. I am currently working on implementing an ORM for Android, think Hibernate meets ActiveRecord. Hopefully I will blog more on this later.